Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kicking out the crutches

For so long our love as been based on physical gratification and words of adoration. Of course there has been real substance to our relationhisp including freindship, quality time and encouagrment, otherwise we would not have made it this long.
But I hear the Lord say, what if that real stuff was all of it. Imagine the love, the freedom the real-ness you could expereince.Tonight I am going to tell Ryan that I believe just as we plan on not kissing for three months that we should not say 'I Love You'. As his #1 love language is physical touch & that will be taking backseat, why not make this an even effort.... words of affirmation. Why is it I NEED to hear him say he loves me? Can I live without it? Well, I guess we will found out.
And with most thigs in my life I believe the way of the Lord will turn out to be much sweeter than any substitute I have been filling it with.

Coming soon: My thoughts on proverbs5-7. Wisdom on sexual immorality.

No comments:

Post a Comment