Monday, May 31, 2010

Finding the Fullness

In lieu of our 1.5 month success- who knew!- I thought I would write some more about what I feel has made this transition so easyyy!!
First and foremost God's grace and provision.
Second, if it is of God's will(which by the way purity is of His will-check out like ALL of the Paul's letters) he will give you that grace and provision, with little demand from you because He wants to see you succeed. We have to remember that God is on our side, even when we don't feel like anything is going our way.
Third, having an initmate with our creator really can be/will be enough.

I remember when Jesus became my Lord. It was April 2007. At the time I had a different boyfriend. Neither him or I appreciated my value in this world and our relationship was based on selfish and worldly ways. Although not a long relationship, nor that serious, I had received a diamond ring from him. I longed for this ring; I begged for this ring; I worshiped this ring.  As God began to capture my heart, I went to a conference and I was singing “Your Grace is enough, your Grace is enough for me….” and I froze. I looked up at my raised hands and I began to feel sick to my stomach. The ring no longer represented love and security but greed and sin. Right then I had learned the difference between being in the world and of it. I ended things with that boyfriend quickly after and began to met face-to-face with God daily. That is when things really started to pick up. Once I turned my eyes towards him- no other love was sufficient. Did I still try to self-medicate with worldly love? Sure... but I had a taste of the living water Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman about at the well ((John 7)).

Ughh.. if only I could express how amazing His love is. I have tried before in my own personal blog but nothing can capture His expressions and outpourings that only you can expereince for yourself. Alas, I will continue on.

It is for that innocence of intimacy with my creator I no longer hit the sheets with my boyfriend.
It is for those uncomparable peaceful moments spent with my Savoir, I deicide to head home early from his apartment.
It is for those wild adventures the Lord sends me on with Him as the treasure being found, that keep me from compromising my pleasure seeking.

It is not about abstaining from something.
Its about finding the fullness in Him and then a rightful husband. 

Some churches actually preach that... some just preach 'NO'... but a lot of them now are focusing on keeping our "gift" for the right man and using it for the right reason... which is true but, --but, there is an intimacy with God that can fulfill our desire until then. Of course, it's not physical but you won't even concern yourself with that once you find this. ((I mean unless you put yourself into stupid situations that are going to be beyond tempting- no examples need to be given))

*sigh- this is one of those topics anyone at the pulpit can preach until they are blue in the face, just like they did to me. BUT it is true and at least by planting seeds once you do believe me, you'll have confirmation of it. Until then, be blessed & I will keep you updated on our success, triumph of the world and dependence on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment